The 16GBMoto X will be available for $199 with a two-year contract. Customization options are 100% exclusive to AT&T at launch. Until they lift that, they have exclusives on both 32GB and Moto Maker.
$200 is kinda alot when i can get the GS4 for the same price with 2-year contract..but the S4 is too big for me and im done with sense UI on the HTC so Moto X is it for me. 16GB is a deal breaker for me unless they get the 32GB, and if you are on Sprint or ATT might as well get the S4 and One for nearly the same price. If this phone was $99 it would be awesome.
Sprint Moto X new features
- 4.7-inch 720p (316 ppi) AMOLED panel
- Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System (1.7GHz dual-core Krait CPU, quad-core Adreno 320 GPU)
- 10-megapixel ClearPixel camera with flash on the X’s backside
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage
- 2200mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2
The Motorola Moto X looks like a beefed up Nexus 4…The colors look great…but no way am I forking over that much money on something less powerful with less space, and less features than the GS4… With both being offered at $200 on-contract, I think consumers will look toward the Galaxy S4 instead of the Moto X because they’ll just be looking at the spec sheet even though they are pretty comparable in real-life performance. The Moto X is a great device but I still wish they would’ve gone for the $300 off-contract pricing. I would buy one today if I didn’t have to sign my life over for it (referring to the 2-year contract).
Beginning at the end of August, the 16GB model will retail for $199 with a two-year contract on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular and Verizon. 32GB version (an AT&T exclusive) for $250 on contract.
Motorola Moto X Specs:
– 4.7-inch HD 720p display
– Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro dual-core clocked at 1.7GHz, using
– 2GB of RAM
– GSM/GPRS/EDGE UMTS/HSPA+ up to 42mbps, CDMA/EVDO Rev. A, 4G LTE
– 10MP ClearPixel Camera, with Quick Capture, LED Flash, 1080p HD Video, 4X digital zoom, slow motion video, burst mode, auto HDR, Panorama, tap to focus
– 2MP front-facing camera which does 1080p HD video
– 16GB internal storage and 32GB interal storage. Also comes with 50GB of Google Drive space
– Bluetooth 4.0 LE + EDR, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with dual band antenna system
– Location services: aGPS, AGPS, sGPS, Standalone GPS, eCompass, GLONASS
– Colors: Woven Black or Woven White
– Weighs 130 grams
– Dimensions 65.3mm x 129.3mm x 5.6-10.4mm (Curve)
– Android 4.2.2 – Jelly Bean
– Motorola’s X8 Mobile Computing System